This Site is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at askrose [at] live.co.uk if you have any questions about this Site and data and we will be happy to assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – This Site owned by Gerry Rose Services
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing data. We will provide information regarding processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. We have no process in place on this Site whereby we need to collect any personal data, other than the data of our administrators which we collect for security and communication purposes.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited within a time period. We will not store administrator personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we might gather on this Site
Information you have given to us
This might be your name or e-mail address if you are an administrator on this Site. We might save the information you provide us with but, if we do this, we will make this explicit to you and you will have the option to opt in or opt out to save your information on this Site.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by functional and necessary cookies and other session tools that run in the background of this Site. For example your IP address (which is anonymised in our statistics) and pages you have visited on the website and how long you remain there and what country you are from. This information improves visitor experience.
How we use your Personal Data-We use data to enhance visitor experience or for administrator logins and the security of this Site. On this website, we aim to anonymise personal data such as IP addresses and we do this using the WP Statistics plugin.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Third party cookies (which are not under our control) for example You Tube, Facebook or Google Maps cookies may obtain user data (please refer to their Privacy policies ) you can control these cookies and block or delete them through your browser settings.
We also reserve the right to disclose personal data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so and in the event of unauthorised or criminal activities.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your personal data safe and anonymise our analytics data. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS encryption). We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and install stringent security plugins that are updated regularly.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Children-We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children on this Site.
UK Supervisory Authority Information
Phone: 0303 123 1113